Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do you know me at all?

I promise this is not a husband bashing blog.

After a wonderful weekend snowstorm, it's Sunday afternoon. The babies are sleeping and the older ones are outside with Dad so I sit down only to find Rebecca just starting no commercials in HD. What a dream way to relax before the coming week of what is inevitably no school and a house full of kids to entertain.
I was full aware that I would not be able to finish the movie, it's a long one, I realize that's asking a lot. About an hour and half into it Dad and the kids all come back inside. After everyone's changed and comfortable, kids are sitting with me and Dad sits down on the floor. "So what's this?" Me- "What do you think, you should know." And I give him props, he actually figured it out! Absolutely no joke, he starts asking, "So what, she's just scared of a woman who's dead? So how did she die?"
Are you kidding me? This is the most irritating thing anyone can do to ruin any movie, but are you really going to sit their and ask questions during my favorite movie? We have been together for 8 years, 8 years....do you know me at all?

I feel like this is a lesson we've been over. It seems so easy to understand: watch the movie to answer your questions and talk at the end. I'll even allow for the sci-fi mid-movie pause to collect your thoughts and make sure you're keeping up.
I do take some fault, he's so annoying to watch any movie that you need to pay attention or has any thought behind it that I prefer to watch them myself, so he does not get adequate practice.

3 comments:

  1. I love that book. I didn't know it was a movie though. I'm definitely going to have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you have to. Best Picture 1940, first film Alfred Hitchcock made when he came to the US. I have it if you want to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to borrow it! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete